July 2021 Parish Council Meeting & Annual Parish Meeting
MUMBY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
AND MUMBY PARISH COUNCIL
HELD AT “ON YOUR MARQUES” MODEL CAR MUSEUM ON 20TH JULY 2021
Cllrs J Bradley, D Robinson, J Taylor. J Morlini, J Banfield and B Willson. Also, present three (3) members of the public.
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
The Chair welcomed all those present and gave a short talk about what is happening around the village. She wanted to specifically thank Annette for all the work she does unpaid around the village to make it look pretty with all the flower beds and pots looking fresh out of her own pocket. She also thanked James for all his efforts around the village with his litter pick again ensuring the village looks clean and tidy.
The Parish Clerk said that the upkeep of the flower planters should be paid for out of Parish funds and proposed that a separate fund of £200 per year be made available to Annette for this purpose. All Council members agreed...
The situation with the possibility of the Church being closed and what would happen regarding access to the present and new cemeteries. The Chairman stated that the Parish Council in 1979 obtained a 99-year lease for a 6ft access path through the Churchyard to the Cemetery. Were the Church to be sold, it may become necessary in the future for the Parish Council to arrange with the Church Commissioners to negotiate a more suitable right of way.
There being no questions from the floor the Annual Parish Meeting was closed at 07.30pm.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
- APOLOGIES – Cllr D. Baxter-Skaife and Dist Cllr S. Eyre sent their apologies for not being able to attend in person.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
- NOTES OF THE LAST MEETINGS – Item 4 of the minutes of the meeting held on 18th May 2021 should have read 20th July 2021. The change was made, and the minutes were unanimously approved as the minutes / notes of events.
- CLERK’S REPORT ON MATTERS OUTSTANDING
- Insurance of Speed Signs – This had been done and the policy has been renewed.
- Sale of Land – Paperwork is with solicitors progress the sale.
- Parish Clerk resignation – It was agreed by members to defer this item to the end of meeting and discuss in closed committee.
- Allotment path/fence – This has not started as yet. Clerk has spoken to Robert about clearing the path, he has so much grass cutting to do due to hot weather that this has taken a back seat, he will get to this as soon as time permits. As soon as this is completed the fencing can start.
- REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES AND OTHER MEETINGS – Nothing to report.
- REPORTS FROM OTHER MEETINGS - Nothing to report.
- CORRESPONDENCE – Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) – Renewal of Delegated Powers. Clerk had received a letter from ELDC on this and read out to members. As it is specifically aimed at beach areas members decided that no further action required.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
- Financial Statement – April to June 2021: The Clerk read out the financial statement to members. This was agreed by all members present.
- Transfer of Funds: The Clerk apologised that when the invoice for the Registration of the Allotments was presented and payment agreed it was paid out of the wrong account. It should have come from the “Poor Houses” account and not the “Community” account. To correct this Clerk (RFO) proposed a transfer of £730.00 from “Poor Houses” account to the “Community” account to rectify this. This wa agreed by all members present.
- Payment of Accounts: The following payments were approved by council:
- M. Smith £947.26 for Salary & Expenses April to June 2021.
- Cllr D. Baxter-Skaife £96.81 for Speed Sign Padlocks and “Zoom meeting x 6.
- Came & Co £389.25 for insurance renewal.
- Robert Aldrich (Garden Maintenance) £562.50 for grass cutting etc April to June 2021.
- Planning Application - The Pantry, Mumby to become a holiday let. No objections by members.
- Bus Shelters, Mumby – These have now been re-painted by the Chair. It was agreed by members to reimburse her £28.00 for the paint used.
- NEXT MEETING - The next meeting of the Parish Council was set for Tuesday 21st September 2021 to commence at 7pm.
- ANY OTHER MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION OR NEXT AGENDA –
- Chicken Farms – Members are concerned that the Parish Council do not receive copies of any Planning Applications to increase the numbers of these premises. The Chair will speak to Dist Cllr S. Eyre on this matter.
- “Parish Clerk resignation – The current clerk had submitted his resignation with effect of 1st July 2021. Notices had been placed on both the Parish Notice board and Web Site. Two (2) applicants had applied for the position. To discuss these council moved into a closed committee session. Both candidates were discussed, and it was agreed that Ms. J. Cooper be offered the position of Parish Clerk with effect of 1st September 2021.
Meeting closed at 08.40 pm