17th NOVEMBER 2020






Due to the uncertainty of the spread of Covid-19/Coronavirus and in order to limit the risk to members of the public and elected council members the Parish Council meeting on the above date was held via video conference facility “Zoom”. 


There was no Public Forum as no members of the public or press had requested to join the meeting by sending an e-mail to mumbyparishcouncil@gmail.com by 05.00pm on Sunday 15th November 2020.


Present via “Zoom”:   

Cllrs J Bradley (Chairman), D Robertson (Vice Chairman), D. Baxter-Skaife, J Taylor. J Morlini, J Banfield and B Willson.  Also, present County Cllr C Davie.


CHAIRMAN’S REMARKS:  The Chairman welcomed all those present.  She again thanked Cllr D Baxter-Skaife for setting up the session which all councillors were able to join.


PUBLIC FORUM – No request had been received from members of public due to join the meeting.


  1. APOLOGIES – No apologies received.




  1. NOTES OF THE LAST MEETINGS - The minutes of the meeting held on 20th October 2020 were unanimously approved as the minutes / notes of events.  


  1. Hedge corner of Coots Lane – Clerk had received an email from Andrew Roberts stating that he is dealing with all matters relating to this issue.  Since the meeting clerk has received an email from Mr. Roberts secretary who is now dealing with the matter.  She has contacted the resident and asked for photographs of the problem. She is also contacting contractors with a view to addressing the situation.
  2. Grass cutting for 2020/21 – Following the last meeting clerk has drawn up a contract with Robert Aldrich who cuts the village grass areas for next 3 years.  This contract has now been signed by both parties.
  3. Parish Web Site Changes – Clerk had previously informed council that the government had issued new guidelines that all Parish Websites.  Approval given to outsource this.  We are awaiting the draft web site for approval.
  4. Shop Hill – Clerk has sent emails to LCC on subject of the path adoption and is awaiting a reply.  An appeal letter sent to them in January 2020 has been resent.  The Chair suggested that the path should be cut in the New Year.
  5. Sale of Land – Following instructions from council clerk had contacted Wilkin Chapman LLP to act on council’s behalf.
  6. Village pavements – Clerk had contacted LCC Highways on this and we await further information back from them.
  7. Village Green Trees – Clerk had reported this to LCC Highways, and a job has been raised by them.


  1. REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES AND OTHER MEETINGS - County Cllr C. Davie gave an update on the current Coronavirus 19 situation in the county.  Unfortunately, cases are rising and encouraged all residents to adhere to the Government guidelines.  It is having a major impact on the economy.  He also gave an update on other projects within the county:
    1. Government are giving more money to increase cycle use in the county.  Plans are being developed.
    2. The “Green Master” Plan is in progress in the county, update to follow as plans progress.
    3. Investment in Lincolnshire is growing so there is hope for the future.


  1. REPORTS FROM OTHER MEETINGS - Nothing to report.


  1. CORRESPONDENCE – No other correspondence received other than that in agenda.


  1. The following payments of accounts were approved: £457.50 to Robert Aldrich Garden Maintenance for grass cutting June to October 2020.
  2. Clerk presented the draft budget for 2021 and outlined that council should receive income from sale of land, this would also incur expenses in legal fees.  He outlined that due to this and the grant received for Speed Signs would mean that council would be subject to an External Audit next year.  He will present a full budget at next meeting.
  3. Council agreed that to brighten up the village in these troubled times that a Christmas Tree would be sited on the green outside the church.  Cllr B. Wilson informed council that a tree had been donated by David Roberts for which the council thanked him.  As there is no electricity on the green Cllr B. Wilson suggested the solar powered lights be purchased, council approved this purchase.  Two sets would cost £28.00 however council approved an extra set if required.


  1. ALLOTMENT REGISTRATION - The Chair gave an update on the progress of the registration application, all documents now with solicitor.  As soon as application has been approved solicitor will submit final invoice.


  1. SPEED SIGNS & COMMUNITY SPEED WATCH – Cllr D Baxter-Skaife gave council an update as to the progress of both Speed Signs and joining community speed watch.  The exact location was put to council at last meeting and they had looked at proposed locations and agreed with these as follows:
    1. Grass area to left of A52 just past the turning to Cumberworth. Lane, Speed Sign facing towards Hogsthorpe.
    2. Cumberworth Road grass area to right prior to the crossroads for Coots Lane / Washdyke Lane / Cumberworth Lane, Speed Sign facing toward Cumberworth
    3. Grass area to right of A52 between entrance to Parklands and The Red Lion public house, Speed Sign facing towards Huttoft.

Cllr D Baxter-Skaife informed council members that the posts had been put in place and that the signs were being delivered next week.  She asked for help with the installation, several members offered to help when the time comes. Brackets to secure the signs need to be obtained when the signs arrive, and actual mounting points checked.  Cllr J. Taylor will look at the software program and update council as to the full capabilities.  Cllr D Baxter-Skaife had applied to Community Speed Watch and was awaiting update on this.




  1. Hedges at Mumby Road Station traffic lights on Bilsby Road - The hedges are growing out onto the road and blocking the Traffic Lights.  This was reported last year but have started to obstruct the lights again.  Cllr C. Davie said for clerk to report this to LCC Highways and include him on the email.
  2. 40 MPH sign on A52 – This sign is still down; it has been reported to LCC Highways.
  3. Cllr B Wilson reported ragwort still in field on A52 that needs cutting.  The matter is in hand.


  1. MEETING DATES FOR 2021 – The meeting calendar for 2021 was presented by the clerk and approved by council.


  1. NEXT MEETING - The next meeting of the Parish Council was set for Tuesday 19th January 2021 to commence at 7pm. via Zoom.  This is subject to confirmation.


  1.  ANY OTHER MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION OR NEXT AGENDA – Cllr J Morlini asked if there were any grants available to put in a new path across the grass to the new cemetery ground.  Cllr D Robinson said she would investigate this and report back to council


  1. PARISH CLERKS SALARY, EXPENSES AND HOURS – The clerk left the meeting for this item to be discussed.  The outcome will be minuted at next meeting.


Meeting closed at 08.15 pm