Minutes 21st September 2021
draft MUMBY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting held
21st September 2021
At On Your Marques
Present: Cllrs J. Bradley (Chair); D. Robinson (Vice); J. Morlini; B. Willson & J. Taylor.
Mrs J. Cooper (Parish Clerk)
Cllr S. Eyre (ELDC)
There were no public present, and the meeting commenced at 7pm.
Apologies and valid reasons for absence were received from Cllrs Baxter-Skaife and Banfield, and the reasons for absence were approved.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interests made.
3. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD 20TH JULY 2021
It was proposed, seconded and resolved that the Chairman sign the minutes of the meeting held 20th July 2021 as a correct record.
4. REPORTS AND UPDATE
- Minute 4 (20th July) – The Clerk confirmed the income from the sale of the land parcels has been received, two payments - £8277 and £8286, which boosted the current account to £26,189.19.
- The Clerk had also advised Robert Aldrich (contractor) and Wilkin Chapman (Solicitor) as well as ELDC, LCC and LALC of the change of contact details.
- The contractor has quoted £48 to cut and shape the hedge at the cemetery to a maximum height of 3 – 4 ft and £36 to trim the conifer hedge, and it was agreed these quotes be accepted.
5. REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES
There was no LCC representative.
Cllr Eyre (ELDC) gave a brief update on the amalgamation of East Lindsey, Boston and South Holland councils, advised that only planning committees were meeting “live” at present and that some staff were still working from home.
He was asked to ensure that Mumby parish council be consulted on any chicken farm applications within and adjacent the parish.
6. REPORTS FROM OTHER MEETINGS
This was a historical item and it was agreed to remove as a regular agenda item.
- Clerks and Councils Direct (circulated)
- E mail from resident concerned at state of path to allotments. Discussion followed on the rubbish that had been dumped along there which included builders rubble. Clerk confirmed that the contractor would clear as soon as possible.
- LCC – alterations to footpaths to form the Coastal Country Park walks – circulated and noted. It was agreed to ask that dogs be permitted on leads on the walks as many tourists bring their dogs along.
- E mail from Cllr Banfield concerned at information given to unsuccessful Clerk candidate prior to official letter; concerns were noted and it was agreed no further action needed.
- Letter from resident on Mumby Meadows concerned at vehicles using the estate as a cut through to Cumberworth. Concerns were noted but it was felt that the number of vehicles going onto the estate were those visiting properties there.
8. STANDING ORDERS AND OTHER STATUTORY DOCUMENTS
These had been circulated and it was agreed no amendments needed. Those circulated included:
Code of Conduct
Model Complaints Procedure
Data protection Policy
9 VILLAGE MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
Concerns were raised concerning the hedge over the Mumby Road old Railway bridge, Clerk to contact LCC and copy in Bilsby Parish Council as it was understood to be in Bilsby’s area.
Concern at the overgrowing hedge adjacent the pumping station and land on the lay by leaving Mumby towards Hogsthorpe. It was agreed Clerk to contact Anglian Water in the first instance as the hedge was surrounding the pumping station.
Clerk to update the notice board, members agreed not to have their personal e mails on the notice board, and to monitor effect of having telephone numbers on.
10 GRASS CUTTING REQUIREMENTS
It was proposed, seconded and resolved to add annual trimming of hedge in cemetery and leylandii hedge to the existing contract.
It was proposed, seconded and resolved that the following accounts be paid:
Clerks salary & PAYE (September) £298.56
There were no applications
Decision N125/00948/21 – change of use shop to holiday let The Pantry, Station Road – conditionally approved (to be in accordance with plans submitted; no additional windows or doors to be installed in east or west elevation or roof slope; for holiday purposes only and operators to maintain up to date register of occupiers).
Concerns were raised as to whether an existing holiday let in the village was being occupied permanently, Cllr Eyre asked to check (Clerk to check conditions)
13 ADMINISTRATION MATTERS
- It was proposed, seconded and resolved that the all correspondence including bank and NS&I be sent to the new Parish Clerk (Mrs J. Cooper)
- Cllr Bradley updated members on the difficulty in obtaining change of mandate forms from Barclays, she had visited branch, telephoned and finally written.
- Clerk had registered Mumby Parish Council with Inland Revenue as employers for PAYE purposes.
14 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
This was noted as 19th October 2021
15 ANY OTHER GENERAL MATTERS OR MATTERS FOR INCLUSION IN NEXT AGENDA
Cllr Robinson asked about another waste/dog bin adjacent the bus shelter – Clerk to contact ELDC to discuss suitable location and adding to emptying round.
Cllr Molini concerned at the height of the “S” bend sign outside her property, Clerk to contact LCC.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 7.50pm