21 March 2020

Mumby Parish Council


Minutes Of The Meeting Of Mumby Parish Council Held Via E – Mail On 21st March 2020


Due to the uncertainty of the spread of Covid-19/Coronavirus and in order to limit the risk to members of the public and elected council members there was no formal Parish Council meeting on the above date.  The meeting will be held via e-mail and council members voted by e-mail following communication and agreement by council members. 


There was no Public Forum as no members of the public had submitted questions by e-mail to anderbyparishcouncil@gmail.com by 10.00am on Monday 20th April 2020.


Note: The minutes were compiled using the e-mail replies / comments from council members.  These will be kept for members to review and will be forwarded to each council member for approval prior to next meeting.  A copy of all e-mails will be retained for authenticity.


Present via e-mail:   

Councillors: J Bradley (Chairman), D. Robinson (Vice Chairman), D. Baxter-Skaife, J Taylor, J Banfield, J Morlini, B. Willson.


Chairman’s Remarks


Chairman Cllr J Bradley would like to thank all those councillors and residents who had contributed, put together and delivered information leaflets around the village.She also thanked all those who were helping their neighbours in these difficult times.Stay safe everyone.


  1. Delegation Of Authority To Parish Clerk – Delegated authority is given to Parish Clerk (in consultation with the Chairman and Vice-Chairman) to undertake day to day duties, undertake additional duties and take decisive action within legal constraints and with the best intentions of public safety during the current situation to minimise the disruption to the service provision.  This to be reviewed monthly as the current situation becomes clearer.


  1. To Agree To Hold Parish Meetings Via E-Mail/Phone - Due to the uncertainty of the spread of Covid-19 / Coronavirus and in order to limit the risk to members of the public and elected council members.  The Parish Council meeting will be held via e-mail / phone and council members will vote by e-mail / phone. 


  1. Apologies For Absence – None received.


  1. Declaration Of Interest – Cllr B Willison declared an interest in Agenda Item 10 b.


  1. Notes Of Last Meeting - The Minutes of the meeting held on 17th March 2020 were unanimously approved and will be signed by the Chairman when restrictions are lifted.


  1. To Receive Reports From Representatives Of Outside Bodies – None to report.



  1. Reports From Other Meetings – None to report.


  1. Correspondence – The following correspondences had been received:
    1. Coronavirus Information – – Parish Clerk has passed any information to council as received.  Any relevant information which is helpful to residents has been formatted into a notice and placed on parish notice board and website under the “Coronavirus” heading.


  1. Finance
  1. End of Year Financial Statement to 31st March 2020 – This has been forwarded to council members for approval.
  2. Internal and External Audit – Finance Books are ready to be Internally Audited.  Not sent yet as the External Auditors PKF Littlejohn have only just released instructions.  These have been delayed pending clarification over coronavirus.  The deadline for the Annual Governance Statement and Statement of Accounts of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) has been extended from 30th September 2020 to 30th November 2020 Clerk will now complete forms upon receipt of completed Internal Audit.
  3. VAT Reclaim – Forms had not yet been submitted to reclaim the VAT paid for 2019.  These will be completed and submitted as soon as Internal Audit completed.


  1. Planning
    1. Orchard Farm – Construction of manege – Already dealt with
    2. Helsey Farm – Construction of cabins etc – Some members were concerned with the type of trees to be planted near the White House.  Cllr B Willson whose application was being discussed advised us that during pre-application discussions with ELDC they advised what type of trees they wanted planting.  He had also spoken to the owners of the White House for their views and he assured council that they were happy.


  1. Postponement Of AGM / Parish Meeting – Under government guidelines there are to be no public meetings of more than 2 people.  Therefore, it is very likely that the AGM/Parish Meeting will be postponed until the situation becomes clearer.  Clerk will keep council updated.


  1. Date Of Next Meeting – It was agreed that the next meeting would be on Tuesday 19th May 2020 subject to confirmation


  1. Other Matters For Discussion


  1. Cllr D Robinson had several items which needed to be addressed, however some of these can be discussed at future meetings when the situation becomes clearer.  These being 1. Notice Board by layby needs attention. 2 Grass cuttings are still being thrown over fence from Parklands property.
  2. Cllr D Robinson and Cllr B Willson commented on speeding again through the village.  They suggested speed bumps on Washdyke Lane Woods, this would need more investigation and was put off until future meetings.  Speeding again on A52 was discussed, this hopefully will be resolved somewhat with the installation of “Speed Signs” for which a grant application is now in progress by Cllrs J Taylor and D. Baxter-Skaife.  Council will be informed of the progress of this at next meeting.